Friday, November 16, 2012

Loneliness




To have your arms wrap around me, to feel the warmth of your body pressed against mine helps me to feel whole, to feel loved, and to feel not alone.

These things I crave deep into the depths of my very being. 

It is not that I am not complete without companionship, it is the feeling of total connection with another human being that I long for.

It is not that I can't warm myself with blankets and clothing and fire,  it is that I yearn for the heat of your heart.

It is not that I can't find laughter outside of my world, it is that I lust to laugh with you.

It is not that I can't enjoy a meal alone, it is that I hunger to share life's flavors.

It is not that I don't shed a tear when alone, it is that I want for your arms around me, knowing it is much to much to ask, afraid to even think it aloud, am I even entitled to ask.

It is not that I can't succeed alone, it is the fact that to share with someone my dream in life being fulfilled, 
it is not the same alone.


It is the thought of a kiss, I never knew I would forget 
the feel of another's lips
upon mine.

It is this loneliness that is consuming me, wondering where you are you wondering if I even exist at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment