Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life...

Life, it's better when you have someone to share it with....

I have had such a full week! House / cat sitting while taking care of me own house and me own adorable kitty Saphira, two birthday parties, of which both celebrated milestones and a family reunion!

Whew!

They kept me busy!

MaryEllen celebrated her 90th birthday this week! Oh.... the things she must have seen in her lifetime. The changes she has witnessed, the technology, the presidents she has seen sworn into office, Halley's Comet has come around twice since she was born!

She has seen her sons grow into men, and they in turn have raised their own families and her legacy continues.

When I arrived at MaryEllen' party, I hugged her and wished her a happy birthday.  She looked into my eyes and with a smile said "I was hoping you would be here, I would like some family pictures"  I smiled back at her and said... "I think I can take care of that for you".


MaryEllen,

There are no words to describe the impact your words had on me at that moment. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I wont apologize, as this is who I am, but I kept the tears inside and me heart grew a little bigger in that moment!

You made me feel welcome from the moment I met you, and I thank you.

Happy birthday sweet girl, I hope all of your wishes have come true.



Life, it's better when you have someone to share it with....



Hugs,

S ~

No comments:

Post a Comment